Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Two month hiatus

Sorry sorry sorry for the lack of posts. It's been a busy 2 months (when are we NOT busy??). I had a work trip to San Antonio (a.k.a the hottest place ever) in August. We had Gator Rompin' which is Tampa Gator Club's big event of the year. We also re-did our backyard and it looks awesome! We put pavers down and created a patio with a covered canopy and a fire pit. We can't wait until the weather gets cooler so we can use it.

At the end of  September, I had a work trip in New Orleans that Mike joined me on and it was a lot of fun! We ate so much...New Orleans definitely has some of the BEST food I've ever eaten! I could live off seafood and cajun food. Yum! We did  a lot of walking to make up for it though! NOLA is a very interesting place - lots of history, lots of old buildings. I love places like that. I'd definitely go back again!

Penny graduated from Puppy School. She did well but still has a few things to learn so she's taking the next step up and we're enrolling her in obedience training. Potty training is about 99% there and she does well with sit/lay down. Crate training totally went out the door since she gets anxiety in the crate, so we now share our bed with a 12 pound ball of fur. We take her to lots of dog parks and try to socialize her as much as possible and she does really well with other dogs! She did excellent on her first road trip. We took her to Gainesville this past weekend and she slept the entire time to and from in the car, and did great when we left her in my sister's apartment.

We're now in October with is BIRTHDAY MONTH! Mike's birthday was this past Sunday, October 2nd. I threw a party for him Friday night and then I happened to win tickets to the UF game on Saturday, so we went up there for the weekend. My birthday is next on the 13th, followed by my dad on the 14th, mom on the 16th and sister on the 18th. I am vowing to try as hard as I can to NOT have kids in October! I don't think we can handle another birthday!

Since I've been MIA on the blog for awhile, here are some new pics of Penny and some of our trip to NOLA. I promise to get back on track with the posting!

Penny says "GO BULLS!"


She also cheers for her dad's team :)



My latest project for our front door.

Smiling away!

Acme Oyster House - NOLA

The best oysters EVER!


The classiness of Bourbon Street.

Probably the best gumbo I've tasted, not to mention one of the best sandwiches too!



Loved seeing buildings like this all over NOLA. So pretty!

St. Louis Cathedral

My 5-times great grandfather. Cool huh?

Local brewery "beer flight."

My favorite - crawfish! I could eat pounds of these...

Alligator, sausage and shrimp cheesecake appetizer. Don't knock it til you try it!

Beautiful Tulane University - my dad's alma mater :)

My dad's old frat house!

Who ate more crawfish? Yep. That would be me...

Where Mike won $1,000 Saturday morning while I was working.





No comments:

Post a Comment