Tuesday, June 7, 2011

And...we're back!

Well, hello there! It's been a little while since we posted anything on our old site. We had several family and friends ask us if we were going to continue our blog, so we decided to start fresh since we don't need the wedding site anymore (sigh...it's bittersweet). Thanks to all of you who thought we were interesting enough to want to continue reading about our lives :-) You'd think I'd be sick of Tiffany blue by now, but clearly not so much...

I will start saying that we had a WONDERFUL wedding! Everything went beyond perfect and we truly loved every minute of the day. Hard to believe after all that planning, it's over and done. We made sure to savor each moment and take it all in. Thanks so much to all of you who came to share our day with us. We hope everyone had a good time! We tried to keep a lot of stuff secret - even from our families - such as our Playbill inspired programs, table names and cards and our favors. Mike and I even managed to have a few surprises for each other such as my Gator themed groom's cake for Mike and his surprise first dance song he chose for us ("All I Ask of You" from Phantom of the Opera...complete with a rose and mask he set in the middle of the floor and he had the bridal party hold lit candles. SO ROMANTIC!).

...now I've gotten nostalgic and want to relive the day all over again!

Our honeymoon was fabulous! What an experience that was...10 cities, 4 countries in 2 weeks. Every place we went to was so unique. I'll be sure to do a recap soon, along with a few pics (I won't torture you with the 1,041 pics I took. I went a little camera happy!). It was hard to pick a favorite spot since every place was so different than the next.

So...now that the wedding is over with, you'd think we'd want to settle down, but neither of us can sit still for 5 minutes. I've jumped back into cooking and experimenting with new recipes (something I was limited to doing since wedding planning consumed most evenings...) and I've started a few new projects. I worked on so many things myself for the wedding and am going through a craft withdrawl. Mike was excited to take the boat out for the first time since last year, and he's been working hard on the outside of the house. We've got this huge back yard and have some things that we want to do to spruce it up. We're also renovating a few things inside the house. We turned our former dog-destroyed "dungeon" of a laundry room into an awesome storage room for kitchen appliances, cleaning supplies, etc, complete with freshly painted walls and ceiling, and a whole wall full of floor to ceiling shelves. We finally just finished opening our wedding gifts so now we have a place to put everything. Our next project - the guest room. We went down to Jupiter this past weekend to grab a sleeper sofa from my parents so we could get rid of the bed and clear up some space in there. It looks better already! 

We're also getting the itch to get another dog. Pretty sure both our mothers are shaking their heads and saying "no!" out loud right now as they read this. Hard to believe it's been a year since our Pita passed away. However, we're both pretty big animal lovers and Mike did such a wonderful thing by rescuing Pita 10 years ago and giving her an amazing life, and I'd love to do the same for another dog in need!

I could keep writing and writing but I'll stop babbling on for now. In the meantime, I'll leave you with a few of our most favorite pictures from the wedding (you can click on them for the larger versions). Bye for now!




My absolute favorite!







Photo Credits: Life's Highlights, www.lifeshighlights.net

No comments:

Post a Comment